What is Cisco EXCESS / Wholesale?Cisco EXCESS is used Cisco hardware that has a legitimate version of the IOS installed and relicensed by Cisco. Cisco EXCESS is not the refurbished market.
As part of the Circular Economy, Cisco want to ensure that the value of their entire technology portfolio is optimised regardless of where it sits in the product lifecycle. Occasionally, Cisco has excess used product inventory that has a useful life, but limited demand from the traditional Authorised Channels.
The Cisco Excess Product offering is where Cisco sell refurbished products that are surplus to requirements through a select group of Excess Refurbished dealers. These companies are permitted to resell Excess Products within the secondary market and are not traditional Cisco Authorised Partners.
Here is how to identify Cisco Excess:
- Identified by the –WS Part Number & Cisco++ Excess labelling on the packaging and a sticker on the physical product itself.
- Used inventory that includes a valid version of the IOS loaded and relicensed by Cisco.
- Fully functional but may include down version hardware as compared to remanufactured (-RF) units and/or cosmetic imperfections.
- Eligible for Cisco Smart Net Total Care Service, subject to Cisco’s Smart Net Total Care policies. Cisco Smart Net Total Care must be purchased through a Cisco Authorised Partner.
- Product that is surplus to authorised channel requirements and liquidated on to the open market as part of Cisco’s Circular Economy initiatives.
Key Differences in Cisco Excess lines to that of Cisco Remanufactured
- Certified Remanufactured (-RF)
Authorised Channel Partners (i.e. you are working a deal with Cisco directly) looking for Channel-supported Certified Remanufactured (-RF) products should visit the Cisco Refresh website, which is supported by Cisco resellers and Cisco’s account team.
- Excess Refurbished Products (-WS)
Excess Refurbished Products (-WS) are part of the Cisco Refresh program, but should not be confused with Cisco’s broader portfolio of Certified Remanufactured (-RF) products. -RF products are only available via Cisco Authorised Channels.
GET IN TOUCH
Our dedicated team are here to provide the very best pre and post sales experience possible. If you have any requirements that you would like to discuss further please call us, email us or use our contact form and one of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.