About Ubiquiti for EducationProviding a high-quality, digitally connected learning environment, Ubiquiti Networks deliver reliable, high-performance connectivity at a highly competitive price point.
With increased bandwidth and the right tools on the Internet, students are engaged in learning and really benefit from what they see and experience. Ubiquiti's advanced technology and disruptive price to performance ratio combine to fulfil our mission to help close the digital divide. By considering Ubiquiti Networks you will see evidence on how Ubiquiti can accelerate the way schools benefit from technology. Teachers can improve education quality by taking advantage of resources anywhere on the Internet; institutions can preserve scarce funding for other educational projects without compromising the performance of their wireless networks and parents can watch their children become more prepared for a globally competitive world.
Combining technical innovation, ease of use, scalability, and disruptive price performance, Ubiquiti's UniFi platform is a compelling choice for education institutions that need high performance with indoor/outdoor wireless access across small, medium or large/multi-campus deployments to support increasingly mobile students, faculty staff, administrators and visitors.
Key Reasons to Choose Ubiquiti for Education
- The UniFi Controller software enables access points to be automatically discovered, configured and upgraded for fast and easy deployments. The controller can be deployed on site or in a private or public cloud. A single controller can centrally administer multiple sites, such as school campuses and administrative buildings. The UniFi Controller provides sophisticated user management and analytics to help administrators block renegade users, limit bandwidth for non-educational uses such as Netflix, and analyse usage
- UniFi delivers access to the latest Wi-Fi technologies, such as 802.11ac, which delivers more than three times the data transfer speeds of the current 802.11n protocol in addition to improved network robustness, reliability and RF bandwidth utilization efficiency
- Ubiquiti's innovative "Zero Hand-Off Roaming" enables students, faculty, administrators and visitors to seamlessly roam anywhere with their devices across campuses
- Disruptive price performance facilitates broader deployments with wider Wi-Fi coverage and higher throughput. We believe the total cost of ownership is typically 90% below the cost of competing solutions for easier project funding
Common Challenges of Education Institutions
As a global organisation Ubiquiti has delivered a range of solutions to education customers throughout the world. Each of them sharing in a unified experience of having a variety of difficulties with compatibility, cost, reliability, and hardware obsolescence. Much of the research performed by Ubiquiti see’s education customers needing to significantly increase Wi-Fi performance and coverage throughout their campus, including classrooms, lecture halls, conference rooms, offices, and in some larger institutions, student accommodation. Current IT infrastructure to be replaced is often found to be a mix of wired and wireless networking devices on different platforms. Issues inherent with such mixed systems will lean you towards making a decision on having a single-vendor networking solution that will meet high performance and reliability expectations for all users.
Configuration of the devices goes just as smoothly as the simplicity of the installation due to the UniFi Controller’s intuitive interface. Designed for convenient management, the UniFi Controller allows admins to configure and monitor UniFi devices using a graphical user interface. UniFi also offers high price-to-performance value as there are no separate software, licensing, hosting, or support fees. Many Schools choose to use the UniFi Cloud Key, a software controller housed in a sleek form factor, to manage the UniFi Controller.
Key Product Benefits
- Excellent price-to-performance value
- Robustness and reliability
- Ease of setup and management
- UniFi Controller software – The UniFi Controller software is always included with the purchase of hardware, whereas other solutions required the purchase of multiple controllers
- Cost - UniFi equipment costs can be up to 30-40% below other solutions offered to education facilities, even after special pricing “discount” is provided by some of the world’s largest networking companies
|Mount St. Mary's University (USA)
|Central Coast Grammar School (Australia)
|Universidad del Azuay (Ecuador)
|Aldinga Beach B-7 School (Australia)
|The Connect School (USA)
|University Wi-Fi Leaps Ahead with Upgrade to UniFi
|K-12 School Leverages Technology to Pave the Path to Interactive Learning
|Campus-Wide Wireless Coverage Enhances University Education and Life
|UniFi AC EDU APs Integrate Wi-Fi with PA System for Primary School in Australia
|UniFi Answers the Call to Advance Digital Learning
GET IN TOUCH
Our dedicated team are here to provide the very best pre and post sales experience possible. If you have any requirements that you would like to discuss further please call us, email us or use our contact form and one of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.